Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Weezer

PART TWENTY ONE

I will be coming up with three different ideas for a music video which I will make with a group next term. They will be for three different tracks by three different artists or bands.


The first artist/band, I would like to identify a track for my music video from, are Weezer. 
The song I have chosen is 'Beverly Hills'.




Weezer is an American rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1992 

consisting of Rivers Cuomo (lead vocals, lead guitar), Patrick 

Wilson (drums), Brian Bell (rhythm guitar, backing vocals, 

keyboards), and Scott Shriner (bass, backing vocals). The line-up 

has changed three times since its formation in 1992. Weezer has 


sold 9.2 million albums in the US and over 17 million worldwide.















The image that Weezer wants to portray is that they are rebellious, 


they do not care about the society so slightly anarchic, they don't 

dress to fit in but they also don't dress to stand out, meaning they 

wear typical clothes yet with a subtle edge. This could mean a 

flamboyant shirt or indie glasses etc.


They are similar to 'All American Rejects' in the sense that they 

dress ordinarily yet with a twist and that the messages in their 

music seem to be the same. Saying that they don't fit in with society 


and that they aren't accepted within it:

No comments:

Post a Comment