PART TWO
FRIDAY'S MEDIA STUDIES LESSON
We experimented with Sony HXR NX5 Cameras. The Cameraman told us that in order to understand cameras we have to work it out for ourselves because that is the best way to learn. The art of learning is repetition.
He told us to zoom in on an object. I have a Nikon camera at home so I knew that the zoom was the circular lens twisting motion at the front of the Camera.
FOCUS
Once I had zoomed in, I realised that the image was blurry. This is where the focus came in.
The focus is a thinner twisting motion lens in front of the zoom. By turning it, the image becomes clearer and more realistic. If you put the cross on the lens on someone's face, and then focus, the person's face will appear very clear and in focus and the background will appear extremely blurry and distorted.
EXPOSURE
The exposure lens controls the levels of brightness. So the more exposure there is, the whiter the image on the screen will appear. Exposure is very important because if the balance isn't right, the whole shot will appear distorted.




No comments:
Post a Comment