Monday, 22 September 2014

My Very First Post

PART ONE

Hi

 I'm Phoebe, I'm 17 and am a college student. I live in East Sussex and board in Surrey.

I am taking media studies for A level. I chose to take this because I am interested in learning more about film. In future I would like to study film production or direction at university. I am not sure which of those yet but hopefully once I've finished College I will know what direction I'd prefer to head in.

One of my favourite films is The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey. I particularly like this film because there is underlying tension throughout. Also in the last scene, the twist is revealed and it is shocking but well directed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MjV4EwR7Mg

I also love the movie the breakfast club. I love how such a simple plot and storyline can create such an interesting visual. The script gives the movie the boost that it needs and I am not surprised it is a lot of people's favourite film. It too has a great opening sequence. Simple but very effective in understanding the type of backgrounds the characters have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkX8J-FKndE




Here are two of my favourite clips for both films




The Breakfast Club
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRMrMzw0t20


The Usual Suspects
-


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXXhn9fMYs

No comments:

Post a Comment